Atrial fibrillation is known to be the most common category of asymmetrical heartbeat. Moreover, it is been found in almost around 2.2 million Americans. This disease increases with the increase in age. Provision you have been suffering with AF, in that case the impulse by no means travel in a methodical fashion all the way through the atria.
As an alternative, numerous impulses start on simultaneously as well as spread throughout the atria in addition to this compete for a probability to travel all the way through the AV node.
Moreover, the firing of the impulses effects in an extremely rapid as well as disorganized heartbeat. In addition, the rate of the impulses all the way through the atria can be ranging from 300 up to 600 beats for each minute. Fortunately, the AV node puts a limit to the number of the impulses it permits to travel up to the ventricles. Consequently, the pulse rate is time and again below 150 beats for each minute, on the other hand this is repeatedly fast enough for causing symptoms of Atrial Fibrillation.
Symptoms of Atrial Fibrillation
You may possibly have atrial fibrillation devoid of having any of its symptoms in any way. Proviso you do have symptoms of Atrial Fibrillation, they might consist of:
• Heart palpitations (an unexpected fluttering, pounding, or else feeling of racing within the chest).
• Lightheadedness (feeling light-headed or else faint).
• Be short of energy; feeling additional-tired.
• Squatness of breath (complexity in breathing during the normal activities or else even during rest).
• Chest discomfort (pressure, pain, or else discomfort within the chest).
Causes of Atrial Fibrillation
Generally, Atrial fibrillation is been associated with numerous conditions, which include:
• Coronary artery disease (consolidation of the arteries of heart)
• High blood pressure
• Heart valve disease
• Chronic lung disease
• Having gone through a heart surgery
• Heart failure
• Congenital (present during birth) heart disease
• Cardiomyopathy (disease of the heart muscle, which causes the failure of heart)
• Pulmonary embolism (blood clotting in the lungs)
Atrial fibrillation might be treated by means of medications which will either slower the heart rate or else revert the rhythm of heart back to the normal pace. In addition, Synchronized electrical cardio version might be utilized for converting AF to a normal rhythm of heart. Surgical as well as catheter-based therapies might also be utilized for preventing the recurrence of Atrial fibrillation in few of the individuals. Moreover, people suffering with AF are repeatedly provided anticoagulants for instance warfarin for protecting them from having stroke.