All the health freaks out there spending time and money over the gym, health food, latest health supplements, thinks you are healthy, well think again. Healthy means you should be fit and fine both physically and mentally. We often tend to ignore our mental problems and underestimate its consequences.
So if you are having some features like hypertension, daydreaming, over optimism, irregular speech and decreased sleep, you better be aware because you could be suffering from Bipolar Disorder Hypomania. The person who are hypomanic bipolar often realize it lately and hence end up with sad consequences.
Bipolar Hypomania is often characterized by mood swings, hyper activity and often reckless behavior and response. Hypomania (hypo meaning under) is less severe stage of Bipolar Disorder. A person who is bipolar hypomanic is often characterized by impatience and inability to judge the current situation. It is equally found in men and women, usually in the mid 20s. Some of the features or symptoms of a bipolar hypomanic people are:
- They often overestimate their strengths and capability
- Increased level of ego and self-esteem.
- Alcohol abuse.
- Fail to judge the situation.
- Impatience for success.
- Decreased sleep
- Hyper sensitivity
- Try to do too many things at once.
Bipolar Hypomania though not dangerous initially, can take shape of depression and Bipolar disorder over the period. Hypomanic Bipolar patients must take some positive steps to get rid of this disorder. Some of the measures are given below-:
- Rest properly: A normal person needs at least 8 hours of sleep for normal functioning. Hypomanic bipolar patients should consult a physician if they were unable to sleep for a prolonged period.
- Consult others: Do not take an important decision hastily. Consult others and review before taking an important decision.
- Invest wisely: Hypomanic bipolar patients often tend to splurge so it is important that they invest monthly to reduce overspending.
- Exercise and meditation: This will help the hypomanic bipolar patient to relax and have a calm mind which will help him to focus.
- Do not get addicted: Addiction from alcohol, smoking, caffeine etc. should be strictly avoided as they hampers sleep.
- Confide: Have trusted friends and confide in them. Do not lead a socially inactive life.
- Medication: Always take the medications regularly prescribed by the physician.
So free your mind and be healthy!